Benefits of Spaying or Neutering Your Pet
It is known that spaying or neutering pets allows them to lead to longer, healthier lives. Spaying or neutering your pet either greatly reduces or eliminates the following:
- Chances of your female dog or cat developing breast cancer and uterine infections.
- Chances of your male dog or cat developing testicular cancer and prostate issues.
- The natural urge to mate. By taking away this hormonal drive, your pet will be less distracted and will be far easier to train.
- The urge for animals to roam the neighborhood searching for a mate. (This decreases chances of your pet getting lost or injured.)
- Aggressive tendencies.
- Spraying or marking territory.
- Sexually mounting of other animals or people.
- The costs of caring for an unexpected litter of puppies or kittens.